- Call to E-verify service failed
- Not able to proceed with Everify process
- will we be compliant if the everify activity is not completed within 3 business days
- What will happen to TNC during the outage
E-Verify outage planned for March 23, 2018 at 12 a.m. to March 26 at 8 a.m. Eastern.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has informed us about an E-Verify outage planned for March 23,2018 at 12 a.m. to March 26 at 8 a.m. Eastern. During this time the integration to E-Verify will not work. You will very likely receive error messages when attempting to process a case.
DHS has put out information about the outage and an update in policies during this time. Here are some of the highlights:
E-Verify Policies That Will Minimize Impact
We understand that E-Verify’s unavailability may have a significant impact on employer operations. To minimize the burden on both employers and employees, we have implemented the following policies:
- The “three-day rule” for creating E-Verify cases is suspended for cases affected by E-Verify’s unavailability.
- If an employee’s first day of employment occurs at any time between March 20 and 26, employers will have until March 29 to create their E-Verify case.
- The time period during which employees may resolve TNCs will be extended by two federal working days.
- DHS and SSA will not be able to assist employees with any case resolution issues from March 23 to 26. Employees will be given two additional federal working days from the date listed on their Referral Date Confirmation to contact DHS or SSA.
Click here to read the DHS fact sheet on the outage.
EV, Everify, E-verify, DHS, , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-EVF , e-Verify , Problem