When creating a job requisition from Position Org Chart, the following error is displayed:"Sorry, the requisition cannot be created. Creation of a job requisition for position ****** failed. Details: The mapping field **** is entered in the rule to refer to a simple data type but the Job Requisition has no field with this name that refers to a simple data type."
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Success Factors Recruiting Management
A couple of causes could result in this error message:
- Field not present on the OData API Data Dictionary;
- Mapping incorrect when using picklist;
- Mapping the values into an Object.
For each of the scenarios above we have a slightly different way to resolve:
Field not present on the OData API Data Dictionary:
- Access OData API Data Dictionary, inside the Job Requisition entity;
- Check if the field is there;
- In case the field is not, access OData API Metadata Refresh and execute a Refresh.
Mapping incorrect when using picklist fields:
- Access Position Management Settings, and access your mapping rule;
- Go to the field that is displayed on the error;
- Check if the mapping of that picklist field has the ".id" or ".externalCode" at the Requisition field. Since this is a picklist, it is a complex type, and you should assign the value directly to the identifier of the picklist:
Mapping field values into an Object:
simple, data, type, position, org, chart, create, requisition, creation, failed, mapping, field, OData, Refresh , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem