- How to enable Role-Based Permission?
- Understand why and how to start the process of migrating to role-based permissions (RBP);
- Determine your current complexity, the prerequisites and identify key resources available to you;
- How SAP SuccessFactors Cloud Product Support will assist you during migration;
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Without RBP, you will not have access to this functionality within your SAP SuccessFactors solutions:
- Data protection and privacy features that support the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements (May 25, 2018)
- Role-Based Permissions (RBP) – Security must be re-defined with new functionality.
- Extension Center and/or Metadata Framework (MDF) (See Guide to Implementing the Metadata Framework). It is encouraged that customers upgrade to MDF via the "Upgrade Center" by enabling a feature called “Extension Center” this feature will automatically have MDF enabled see KBA 2379483 for further guidance.
- Universal Upgrade to Fiori
- People Profile
Why is this important?
This migration is not automated and will take time and effort to complete. We highly recommend you to watch the below session and guides before start the process to migrate to RBP:
When do I have to migrate?
We will be universally enabling RBP to all non-RBP customers on May 18th 2019 for Preview instances and June 15th 2019 for Production instances.
It will be customer's responsibility to ensure your SuccessFactors instances run with the RBP framework. If you do not currently have RBP enabled in your instance(s), act today to begin planning your RBP migration to ensure you are able to complete your migration prior to the Universal Upgrade dates.
Preparing for a Role-Based Permissions Migration
- Read and analyze the article about some features that need to be enable before start the process: Prerequisites to Enabling RBP
- Check the RBP Migration Tool that is available to perform the process: RBP Migration Tool
- Follow the article How to Enable RBP in the Admin Center
- Review the Security Model Complexity.
- Determine if you need consulting guidance or if you may be able to configure the RBP permission model by leveraging the configuration guide and the webinars referenced above.
- Please utilize our standard support channels if additional guidance is needed.
Migration, Migrating, RBP, Role-based Permission, upgrade, migrate , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , How To