Emails that are triggered to external candidates are being received in the incorrect language.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
Reproducing the Issue
- Candidate is forwarded to a Job Requisition (By a recruiters or by an agency);
- The recruiter invites the candidate to apply by using the "Invite Candidate to Apply" feature;
- The "Invite Candidate to Apply" email is triggered to candidate in "English US"
- Candidate expected to have the email in "Spanish".
Recruiting email triggers to candidates will be always sent based on the candidate's locale.
If the candidate's locale is not linked to the candidate's profile, status change notifications will be sent in the Default locale of the requisition.
The candidate's locale is determined based on the language selected by the external candidates when creating/logging into their profile via the external career site or based on the User Directory File for internal candidates.
In order to validate if Cause described above is valid in your specific scenario, Ad Hoc report can be created by following the steps below:
- Go to "Analytics" (Reporting);
- Create a New Ad Hoc Report and Domain: Recruiting V2
- Select the columns Candidate
- Add the columns Candidate Locale and add additional columns such as "First Name", "Last Name" and "Email address"
- Set Filters based on columns available (Eg. Candidate's Email Address)
- Run report and confirm Candidate's Locale to compare with language emails are being received
In the example below, it is expected that candidate "Isabella Bristow" receives the email as configured for the locale English (United States) while "Michael Valkhoff" is going to receive the same email in English (United Kingdom).
In case the candidate has been forwarded to a job requisition by recruiter or agency but has not created the profile yet, the Candidate Locale will be blank. In this case, it is expected that the candidate receives the notifications in the Requisition's default locale until they log in and create the profile (when a locale will be associated)
This means there could be differences in the locales used for notifications for the same candidate.
Language; Locale; Translation; Email trigger; emails; candidates; outlook , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-EML , Recruiting Emails and Notifications , Problem