You are trying to Edit an Inspection in the Quality Control work center, but when you select an Inspection and try to edit it, the system throws up a backend error.
SAP Business ByDesign all versions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Quality Control work center.
- Go to the view Monitoring, and select Inspections.
- Show All Inspections and select the Inspection ABC (ABC represents the Inspection ID).
- Click the Edit button.
- A Backend error is triggered.
This issue occurs, because you have entered duplicate values for Inspection Stage IDs in Adaptive Sampling activity under Business Configuration work center.
You must change and use unique Inspection Stage IDs for the customized Adaptive Sampling Rule XYZ (XYZ represents the Adaptive Sampling Rule ID) to resolve the issue. To do this, you need to select the Adaptive Sampling Rule XYZ, and delete all the "Inspection Stage IDs" and create new ones. Please note that the Inspection Stage IDs for Adaptive Sampling Rule must always be unique in the system.
- Navigate to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the view Overview.
- Find and select the Activity "Adaptive Sampling".
- Click the Open button.
- If you check the 'user created' Adaptive Sampling Rule XYZ, and compare it with the system default ones, you can see that the ‘Inspection Stage IDs’ are same with the default ‘Adaptive Sampling Rule ID’.
- Select the Adaptive Sampling Rule XYZ, and delete the Inspection Stage IDs’.
- Create new unique ‘Inspection Stage IDs’ for the Adaptive Sampling Rule XYZ.
Adaptive Sampling Rule, Inspection, Receiving inspection - supplier delivery, Dump, Duplicate entries in code list provider response (data type INSPECTION_STAGE_CODE) , KBA , dump , adaptive sampling rule , receiving inspection - supplier delivery , inspection , AP-MIP , Material Inspection Processing , AP-IMD , Inspection Master Data Management , Problem