The execution of the Users Experience Monitoring scripts are correct, however no alerts are generated in case of Performance or Availability issues. When checking the script configuration in the Alerting Directory Browser, the Alerts tab shows no alert defined, and the Events tab shows duplicated steps and wrong hierarchy. The script reconfiguration in step 'Alerting' of the User Experience Monitoring configuration (SOLMAN_SETUP) does not fix the alert and events configuration for the script.
The steps to find the script in the Alerting Directory Browser are:
- Access transaction MAI_TOOLS
- Click on Alerting Directory Browser
- In the new browser windows, filter for Monitoring Use Case = EEM
- Find the script in the Managed Objects list
The symptoms in the Alerting Directory Browser for the script configuration are:
1) There is no alert defined for the script in 'Alerts' tab, the picture belows showns an example of affected script:
When the alert(s) is correctly defined for the script, the Alert tab will contain the alert defined as in the example below:
2) The Events tab shows wrong hierarchy and duplicated steps defined.
The picture below show an example of wrong hierarchy and duplicated steps defined for the script in the Events tab:
The following picture shows an example of correct hierarchy and steps definition for a script:
- SAP Solution Manager 7.20
- User Experience Monitoring (EEM - End User Experience Monitoring)
KBA , SV-SMG-MON-EEM , End User Experience Monitoring , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.