When you perform Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt Clearing Run, system shows the error message 'Account determination group XXX: G/L account missing for services'.
(XXX represents the Account Determination Group).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks View.
- Select the GR/IR clearing Sub View.
- Select New and choose GR/IR Clearing Run.
- Enter the required data to the respective fields.
- Select button Start Now and execute GR/IR Clearing Run.
- Once you execute GR/IR clearing, log results get generated.
- You see that log which was generated is displaying Processing Status: Error.
- Select the error Log and open it using View button.
- Navigate to the Messages tab, here you can see error message: 'Account determination group XXX: G/L account missing for services'.
There is a currency difference between Supplier Invoice and Goods and Services Receipt.
Therefore the Exchange Rate Difference accounts should be specified under activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination - Account Determination in Business Configuration Work Center to collect the gains or loss resulting from these two kinds of differences for Services.
In order to maintain Account Determination Group for Services with required G/L accounts within the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination. Please follow the below detailed steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration Work Center and choose Overview View.
- In the field Show, select All Activities using drop down and select fine tune activity Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Select Change Immediately.
- Select Account Determination and then select the hyperlink Costs.
- Select Account Determination Profile as ABC and select the Sub Ledger Costs (ABC represents the Account Determination Profile Code).
- Under section Costs, navigate to the tab Exchange Rate Differences and maintain the Account Determination Group for Services as DEF (DEF represents the Account Determination Group code), then enter relevant Accounts for Gain/Loss from Exchange Rate Differences.
- Select Save.
Account Determination, GL Account missing, G/L Account Missing for Services, GR/IR, Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt Clearing , KBA , error with gr/ir clearing run , account determination group , case document 1995823 , gl account missing for services , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Known Error