With Q1/2018 Release, “Manage Rules in Recruiting” has been introduced which allow admins to assign rules to Requisition Templates and Offer Detail Templates.
Previously, it was only possible to assign rules directly in the XML templates. This is no longer supported and should not be used. If rules are assigned directly in the XML template, the rule execution will not work.
How to access and manage the rules in recruiting?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- In Provisioning -> Company Instance -> Company Settings -> enable "Enable Generic Objects”
- In Provisioning -> Company Instance -> Company Settings -> enable "Enable Recruiting Business Rules"
- In Provisioning -> Company Instance -> Company Settings -> enable "Role Based Permission"
After the b1811 release, it will be possible to enable Recruiting Business Rules in Admin Center. Admin Center -> Manage Recruiting Settings -> "Enable Recruiting Business Rules".
Please contact Cloud Product Support team in order to have the Recruiting Business Rules enabled in Provisioning providing the attached Approval Form filled and signed.
Enable Generic Objects can be done via Upgrade Center in Admin Center.
- Admin Center -> Manage Permission Roles -> Administrator Permissions -> Metadata Framework, select all.
- Admin Center -> Manage Permission Roles -> Administrator Permissions -> Manage MDF Recruiting Objects -> Recruiting Rules Assignment Configuration: select at least View and Edit permission. (This permission needs to be granted to every user who is using this rule)
- Permissioned users will have access to this new page available via: Admin Center -> Recruiting ->Manage Rules in Recruiting
New page includes possibility to:
- Link Field Change Rules to Fields (onChange)
- Add Initialize Rule (onInit)
- Add Save Rule (onSave)
- The Job Requisition Template section allows the possibility to select existing XML templates.
- If the flag to include inactive templates is enabled, the drop-down listbox will provide active as well as inactive templates. Otherwise it only provides active templates.
- The templates are shown in alphabetical order.
Further details regarding the different types of rules and its assignment via the tool can be found in the latest version of the Recruiting Administration and Implementation guides available at https://help.sap.com.
Note: Please see the recording below which contains some example of complex business rules in Recruiting.
Note: Custom rules are not supported by SAP Product Support team. Please contact an Implementation Partner in order to help you to configure new custom Recruiting rules.
Rules, Recruiting Rules, Rules engine, rules, manage rules, creating rules, offer, job req , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-RCM-RUL , Recruiting Rule Issues with MDF Platform , How To