- Future-dated records are not displaying in Realms Advanced Reporting
e.g. new future-dated Department and Cost Center data was entered for a user's Global Job Information record. Upon running the report, the Department and Cost Center fields are blank.
- Historical or past-dated data is not shown when reporting from or adding fields from Global Job Information. e.g. we need to see the past or old labels for Depatment and Cost Center
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
1. Add a field from any table (e.g. Global Job Information, Personal Information) which is related to another object or sources its values from an object or a picklist (auto-join field).
2. Filter or check on a data value which either have:
a. a future change in label or
b. has historical or past records (data changes in label)
3. Pick a date option in the futur/past/show all
Result: Notice that the data / label / value shown is always the current effective label. You can check the label or data changes in Adminc Center > Manage Data
For future-dated records ->> the record must have been Active in the system. Data will only be visible in reporting on the actual Effectivity date.
The following is the expected behavior or design for Advanced Reporting label values as confirmed by engineering:
For example, if you use the fields directly from Global Job Information it will only fetch Current Data. So even for Show All, no future-dated Department and Cost Center will populate. In order to get future Department and Cost Center, you will have to add a join to the Department and Cost Center objects and then configure the Date Options to show future date / Show All.
The fields in Global Job Information always fetch the Current or Today's data for fields that have related objects or it has auto-join to (e.g. First Name / Last name are related to Personal Information, Foundation Objects), because from the perspective of the system future ones are not active yet. For this case, you can select the name fields from Personal Information Object.
For historical or past-dated records, the above logic or design aalso pplies. Global Job Information will always display the current label. If you need to report on the past or old labels:
1. Add a join to the object from which the labels are sourced. E.g. from Global Job Information add a join to Foundation Objects > Department or Cost Center
2. Add the e.g. name (label) field from that related object and select the appropriate date options for this table to get past data.
WST-7746, future-dated hires advanced reporting, reporting on future-dated employment information, Advanced Reporting future date, historical data, past labels, old labels, history, incorrect label, past label not showing, historical label , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To