There are, basically, three different ways to have emails sent to candidates:
- Status Triggered Emails - sent whenever a candidate hits a different status in the applicant pipeline.
- Recruiting Email Triggers - sent to candidates or internal users (depending on the trigger), based on a specific action performed in the system.
- Manually Sent Emails - To be covered in this article, are the emails sent to applicants upon recruiter's will. Are also called Adhoc Emails.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (all versions)
Below you see how to manually sent emails to applicants:
- Access the candidate application within the Recruiting tab;
- In the right side, close to the "Take Action" button, click the "Email" button. Please notice the wording may vary, based on previous configuration;
- Define further details on the email to be sent, such as recipients, subject and body. It is possible to use pre-existing email templates;
- Click "Next";
- Check the email on its preview version and click "I'm Done" in case there are no missing adjustments.
Specifics and Limitations:
- Tokens that were designed to work specifically with Recruiting Email Triggers or Email Notification Templates will not work with Manually Sent Emails such as the ones described in this article.
- These manually sent email may be used to re-send status triggered emails, if there is any need for that.
- Any user with access to see the candidate application, will have access to send manual emails.
- Once sent, manual emails will also be available under the applicant Correspondence Section.
Manually sent emails Adhoc emails , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To