The system dumps when you assign a target group to a contact.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Account Management work center.
Select any contact.
Click View All .
- Select Marketing Data.
- Assign Target Group.
- Fill out the group and account and click OK.
- The system hangs.
There are too many records being fetched on the object list. This is because the target group you wish to assign has more than 20000 members. Whenever the size of the target group exceeds 20K members the system will time out.
As a workaround please create target groups with up to 15000 members or split existing target groups into smaller ones.
We recommend creating 2 or more new target groups and filtering out the contacts that are already involved with the target group you wish to use to add them to the new groups.
When creating new target groups you can use already existing ones and filter out members you wish to remove.
You are able to select and remove Target Group Members by holding down shift and selecting up to 1000 lines. After selecting them click Remove > Selected.
You can filter the Target group Members maybe by alphabetical order, this way you can create a group starting from A-K and a Target Group for L-Z.
Go to the Marketing work center.
- Select Target Groups.
- Click New and Target Group.
- Change the drop-down menu to Target Groups.
- Add the existing target group ID you wish to split up.
- Click Go.
- Highlight the target group under 'Target groups Found'.
- Click Add and Selected.
- Selected Target Group Members is filled out.
- Filter the Target group Members as desired, e.g. by alphabetical order, this way you can create a group starting from A-K and a Target Group for L-Z.
The performance issue with large target groups of more than 20K members is already added to our development backlog to be addressed in a future release.
target group, hangs, freeze, members, contact, html5, performance, time out, unresponsive , KBA , target group , contact , members , assign , time out , dump , add members , AP-CPG-TG , Target Group , Product Enhancement