During the confirmation of a Pick task, when you choose Propose Quantities and Logistics Areas button, you get an error message 'Inventory in the logistics area is not available'.
However if you go to the Stock Overview it is showing that there is enough stock.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Outbound Logistics work center.
2. Select Task Control view.
3. Select a task and choose Confirm.
4. In the task confirmation screen choose Propose Logistic Area and Quantities button.
5. System does not propose Logistic Area, Identified Stock and Quantity and it is showing error message ''Inventory in the logistics area is not available'.
However, if you open Stock Overview it is showing enough quantity is available.
1. Go to the Physical Inventory work center.
2. From the Common Task open Stock Overview.
All the available stock is assigned to an Identified Stock but it has been expired. If you open the Projected Material Flow screen, which is available in Common Tasks under Outbound Logistics work center, it will not show the stock as available stock for which Identified Stock is expired.
System is working as designed. If you want to extend the expiration date of the Identified Stock then follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Go to Warehousing and Logistics Master Data work center.
2. Select Identified Stock view.
3. Search for the identified stock which should be selected to complete task.
4. Choose Edit.
5. Put a valid Expiration date.
6. Click Save and Close button.
Now the Identified Stock will be available for the Pick task and hence you will be able to confirm task.
KBA 2615118 - Error '-----> Identified stock XYZ at Input Product not valid' During Confirmation of a Make Task With Identified Stock
inventory, logistics, area, not, available, error, confirm, pick, task, identified, stock, expired, propose, quantities , KBA , error , inventory , logistics , area , not , available , confirm , pick , task , identified , stock , expired , propose , quantities , AP-SLP-TSK , Site Logistics Task , Problem