You have created a Goods Receipt (GR)/ Invoice Receipt (IR) Clearing Run and you get the error message 'Account determination for inventories is missing for Acct Det. Group ABC' (ABC stands for the Account Determination Group ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work centre.
- Go to the GR/IR Clearing view.
- Search for Run ID XXX (XXX stands for the Run ID) and select it.
The Run ended in error
- Click View.
The Run is for Company LMN (LMN is the Company ID), Set Of Books NNN (NNN stands for the Set of Books ID) for the Period 0MM/YYYY (0MM stands for the Period and YYYY for the Year) and is in Test mode.
- Navigate to the Messages tab.
The error message is 'Account determination for inventories is missing for Acct Det. Group ABC.'
- Navigate to the Processed with Errors tab.
There is a Purchasing Documents Item DEF (DEF stands for the Purchasing Documents Item ID) with the same error message 'Account determination for inventories is missing for Acct Det. Group ABC'.
- Click the Purchase Document Item ID DEF to open the same.
- Click View All.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Select the Item and navigate to the Item Details tab.
- Under Basic Data, double-click the Product ID KLM (KLM stands for the Product ID) to open the Material Overview for the same.
- Click View All.
- Navigate to the Valuation tab.
For Business Residence / Company LMN and Account Determination Group ABC, the Perpetual Cost Method is maintained as Moving Average.
- Under Edit Costs, there was a change in costs.
If you check in GR/IR Clearing Runs, the last run created for a period before the period in which changes were made for the costs, there were no errors.
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to the Overview View.
- Search for Activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click the Open button.
- Click the Inventories link under Account Determination.
The Account Determination Group ABC has been maintained for Inventory, Gains and Loses and Physical Inventory for Set of Books NNN.
This Account Determination Group ABC has not been maintained for Differences.
The cause is a price valuation difference between Purchase order and inventory cost maintained in material.
As the Perpetual Cost method is Moving Average the difference in inventory value must be posted back to the Material.
For the posting, the General Ledger (GL) account being determined is based on the accounts maintained on the inventory subledger.
You need to maintain the GL accounts for the account determination group ABC in the Differences tab of the Subledger Inventories in the Business Configuration Activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination to solve this issue.
GR/IR-Clearing Run; WE/RE-Lauf; Kontenfindung , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Problem