SAP SuccessFactors Learning Approval Processes
User Assistance Documentation
This KBA describes how to access the User Assistance Documentation for SAP SuccessFactors Learning Approval Process topics
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning approval processes provide a structured way to manage and approve requests for learning changes.
- You can use the SAP SuccessFactors Learning approval process framework for many different actions
- For example, you might require that users seek approval to enroll into or withdraw from a course or to create an account to SAP SuccessFactors Learning.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning approval processes route an approval through a series of approval roles, which define a type of person who can grant approval
- For example, you can create a role called Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) and assign users to the role. In an approval process, the HRBP role can be a step in the approval process.
Important Note: Be sure to sign in to https://help.sap.com in order to access the links provided in this KBA
SAP Successfactors Learning
Click here to access the latest documentation on SAP SuccessFactors Learning Approval Process
Topics covered in the User Assistance Documentation:
- Creating Approval Processes - Create an approval process to require that users seek approval for requests
- Creating Custom Approval Roles - Create custom approval roles if you cannot use the default approval role
- Default Approval Roles vs Custom Approval Roles - Before you create an approval process, decide if you need custom approval roles or if you can use the default approval roles
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Approval Process Global Variables - These are the approval process global variables in SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Setting an Approval Process for Enrolling into a Course - Set an approval process for enrolling into courses if you want users to seek approval before they are allowed to enroll
- Setting an Approval Process for Withdrawing from Courses - Set an approval process for withdrawing from courses if you want users to seek approval before they are allowed to unenroll
- Course Withdraw Approval - Administrators can require an approval process to withdraw from a couse
- How Withdraw Approval is Initiated - The withdraw approval process can be initiated from multiple places and by different roles
- Breaking the Approval Inheritance from Item to Scheduled Offering - If you do not want the instance of a course (a scheduled offering) to inherit its approval process configuration from the default configuration of the course (learning item), you can break the inheritance
- Account Self-Registration Approval Process - You can insert an approval process between users requesting an account for SAP SuccessFactors Learning and their access to the system
- Creating Self-Registration Approval for Native Users - Create a self-registration approval process for native users when you want users who register for your native environment (as opposed to Sites) to be approved before they can log in
- Creating Self-Registration Approval for Sites - Create a self-registration approval process for Sites when you want users who register for external sites to be approved before they can log in
- Adding Site Registration Codes - Add site registration codes to provide an additional level of security to your external learning sites
- Making Learning Sites Public - Make learning sites public when you want to make it easy for anyone with the URL to create an account for the learning site
- Secure or Public Account Creation of Learning Sites - Secure accounts to learning sites are more private because can control who is creating user accounts in your extended enterprise before they log in.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Sites - Implementation consultants or administrators can set up sites so that external users in the extended enterprise can access SAP SuccessFactors Learning.
Assigning Self-Registration Processes with Assignment Profiles - Use assignment profiles to require some people to use one approval process when they self-register and other people to use a second approval process when they self-register
Approving Account Requests as an Administrator - As an administrator, you can approve account requests that are stuck in the approval process
Setting Account Request Approval Processes - Configure the system to associate users with account request approval processes so that users get their correct approval processes
- Creating Automatic Account Reminders for User-Created Accounts - Create automatic account reminders for user-created accounts so that users who have requested accounts can receive the results of their requests.
Self-Registration Approval Notes - The approval process to register for a SAP SuccessFactors Learning account has unique behavior
Advice for Creating Approval Processes for Self-Registration - When creating an approval process for self-registration, consider that the approvals are for users who are not yet in the system
Matching User-Created Account Approval Processes to Users - Match a user-created account approval process with an assignment profile to require a group of users to follow the same approval process for user-created accounts
User-Created Account (Global) - Use these fields to define how users can create their own accounts and to define the default values for each individual site in your extended enterprise
- Adding Primary E-Signatures Approval Processes for Learning Events - If your courses lead to compliance through a regulator who audits your system, you might need e-signatures for extra identity verification when your employees post learning results
- Approval Process and Cut-Off Dates - When a user seeks approval after a registration cut-off date, you can hide it from approvers
SF SuccessFactors Learning LMS Approval, Approve Process, event request, record user, assistance help admin guide doc document , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-TAP , Approvals , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To