The Depreciation Run reports an error: 'G/L account missing in line item Without Subledger for item type Profit Center Clearing'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Under Periodic Tasks select Depreciation view.
- Search for the concerned Depreciation Run ID.
- Select the row of the Run ID and click Log Result hyperlink.
- Go to Messages tab.
Notice the error message: 'G/L account missing in line item Without Subledger for item type Profit Center Clearing'.
You can check for which fixed asset(s) the error message refers to by going to the Erroneous Fixed Assets tab.
The assignment interval of profit center and segment in the asset's master data is no longer reflecting the same assignment in the organizational structure.
You have made changes to the organizational structure and these changes are not automatically reflected in the asset's master data.
The Fixed Asset belongs to Profit Center ABC (where ABC stands for the Profit Center ID) and segment DEF (where DEF stands for the Segment ID).
From DD.MM.YYYY that Profit Center belongs to segment GHI (where GHI stands for the new segment of Profit Center ABC).
You should amend the asset's assignment interval to reflect the changes done in the organziational structure.
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Click the Fixed Assets view.
- Highlight the Fixed Asset and click Edit - Master Data.
- Copy the Cost Center ID and then delete the row with the Cost Center and Profit Center field.
- Re-enter the Cost Center ID.
- The new segment GHI belonging to Profit Center ABC is added automatically by the system.
- Save the Fixed Asset.
- Run the Depreciation Run again.
Ensure that each relevant Fixed Asset is changed as described above to ensure that the depreciation run finishes without errors.
Note: If the Segment for the Profit Center is changed before the last Cost Posting for the Fixed Asset, the system will throw the following error message when you try to delete the assignment interval:
'Deleting time intervals not permitted before last cost posting date DD.MM.YYYY' (DD.MM.YYYY refers to last cost posting date).
In this case you need to reverse that last cost posting first.
Profit Center; segment; assignment interval; Without Subledger; profit center clearing; , KBA , profit center , segment , assignment interval , without subledger , profit center clearing , AP-ACC-FXA , Fixed Asset , Problem