- SuccessFactors new data purge solution for Data Protection and Privacy now provides a master data purge of inactive users
- Master Data Purge will purge module and audit data permanently, the purge obsolete data and inactive users from Successfactors which removes them from the system
- Data Retention Time Management soft purges the user (It will keep the purged user's record in the USERS_SYSINFO table. If you wish to remove the user completely from the system to re-user the username/userid you must also permanently purge the user)
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Data Retention Time Management
- To use the master data purge, it is necessary to enable the new data retention time management (DRTM) solution and the DRTM Master Data purge object
- To use data retention time management (DRTM) functionality in the Data Retention Management tool, you need to have the following features enabled
- Data Retention Management (DRM 2.0)
- Extension Center and/or Metadata Framework (MDF) (See Guide to What's New in Metadata Framework). It is encouraged that customers upgrade to MDF via the "Upgrade Center" by enabling a feature called “Extension Center” this feature will automatically have MDF enabled see KBA 2379483 for further guidance.
- Role-based Permissions (RBP) (see Guide to Migrate to Role-Based Permissions)
- The master data purge process is designed to ensure that data across the HXM Suite is purged first, before the user account, to avoid orphaned data
- You can configure a different retention time for master data in each country/region, calculated from the employee's termination date
Setting Up Data Retention Time Management DRTM Master Data Purge Object
- Add the required DRTM Master Data purge object to your instance, using theUpgrade Center
- Grant users permission to configure retention times using the Metadata Framework (MDF) see below:
- MetaData Framework (MDF) Category -- Select All to configure Retention Time
- Data Retention Management Category: DRTM Master Data MDF Permission with create, insert, correct, delete and import/export
- Create and Approve Purge Request Permission
- Manage Data Purge Category: Create and Approve DRTM Data Purge Request
- Manage Users Category – Manage Users
- Enable retention time configuration for each country where it is required, using the MDF Country object.
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Data > DRTM Master Data > USER > Take Action > Make Correction > Add Country, timeUnit, inactivePeriod
Note: If no country found in List, go to Manage Data > Country > Select 1 country and set Data Retention Enabled =Yes
Note: Master Data purge should only deal with inactive user & matched country value & user exit Data out of retention time configuration.
- After completing above steps 1-5, navigate to Master Data Purge > Create Purge Request
- Go to Admin Center > Data Retention Management > Create New Purge Request and input one specific user or select countries and approver.
Note: It is possible to upload a list of multiple users, specified by User ID in a CSV file & ignore data retention time configuration
- Launch immediately or Schedule
- Go to Admin Center > Maintenance Monitor > Check Request Awaiting Approval Tab
- The request created will displayed
- Approve/Decline Request as required
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get information on this from the Guide?
Q) Is it possible to re-activate purged users which have been soft purged using the legacy purge inactive user Data Retention Management Purge or Data Retention Time Management Purge?
A) Yes, A Soft purge is when the user is still existing at the Database level. View: 2392094 - Re-activate a Purged User Via employee Import Feature
- 2661609 - Required Field purgeGroup or Purge Object Group Field Are Not Editable in Data Retention Time Management (DRTM)
- 2608124 - Cannot Select Country While Creating DRTM - Employee Profile in Manage Data
- 2674762 - DRTM Purge Configuration - EC Disabled Company - Configuration and Troubleshooting
- 2545988 - How to Purge/Delete users in SuccessFactors
- 3058601 - How To Check Soft or Permanent Purge User
SF, success factors, DRTM, PLT, platform, Biz X, bizx, object, MDF, Metadata Framework, DRM, purgeGroup, Purge Object Group, Upgrade Center, purge, DRTM , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-EC-ADM , Admin Tools (EC Core only) , Problem