When confirming a Make task, you are unable to select the Identified ID as the Result Type indicator is in red, showing a message 'Inventory Retrieval or placement is not allowed, constraints not met'. In addition you get an error message saying: '-----> Identified stock XYZ at Input Product not valid'. (XYZ represents the ID of the Identified Stock).
However, if you check the Stock Overview, it is showing enough on-hand stock for the selected Identified Stock.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Execution Workcenter.
- View Production Tasks.
- Find XXX (XXX represents the task ID).
- Click Confirm button.
- Go to Input Products tab.
- Click the value selector of Identified Product ID.
- For Result Type select All Results.
- For Identified Stock ID field click the value selector.
- Select the active Identified Stock ID.
- Click Go.
Result: you'll see that the Result Type is in red and there's a message 'Inventory Retrieval or placement is not allowed, constraints not met'.
There's an error message: `-----> Identified stock XYZ at Input Product not valid`.
However, if you open Stock Overview, it is showing that there's enough quantity available.
- Go to the Physical Inventory work center.
- From the Common Task open Stock Overview.
All the available stock is assigned to an Identified Stock, but it has been expired.
System is working as designed. If you want to extend the expiration date of the Identified Stock, then follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Warehousing and Logistics Master Data work center.
- Select Identified Stock view.
- Search for the identified stock which should be selected to complete task.
- Choose Edit.
- Put a valid Expiration date.
- Save and Close.
Now the Identified Stock will be available for selection for the Make task and hence you will be able to confirm the task.
KBA 2617361 - Error: 'Inventory in the logistics area is not available' While Confirming a Pick Task
identified, stock, confirm, make, task, input, product, not valid, inventory, retrieval, placement, not allowed, constraints, not met, production, tasks , KBA , identified , stock , confirm , make task , product , inventory , tasks , input , not valid , retrieval , placement , not allowed , constraints , not met , production , AP-PE-TSK , Production Task , Problem