- As of release 1802 a new data protection feature is added called "Data Blocking".
- In RBP you will now see the following Bullet in each permission sub section when changing permissions: 'Data Access Period needs to be defined at the rule level'
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
- Role Based permissions (RBP)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into instance
- Go to "Manage Permission roles" tool from within Admin Center
- Choose a specific role you want to adjust
- Click "Permission" button
- Permission Settings screen will pop up and on the top you will see an additional warning: ★= Data Access Period needs to be defined at the rule level.
- The warning message is a standard data protection message in RBP (going forward in 1802 release)
- The message is trying to clarify that you can use and setup data blocking by setting up the Data Access Period.
- Data Access Period can be found by going scrolling all the way to the bottom of a specific permission role and click "edit granting" action of a specific group or user that has been set in the "Grant this role to.." section. See below example image:
- Please see the handbook "Setting up and Using Data Protection and Privacy Guide" for more detailed information on this.
- You can also refer to the main "Data Protection and Privacy" FAQ kbase 2616166 for more info.
Data Access Period, JIRA PLT-60732 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , Product Enhancement
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions