SAP ASE 16.0 systems running SAP applications have "index compression" enabled by default.
Recently upgraded these SAP ASE systems to SAP ASE 16.0 SP02 PL07.
- A LOAD TRANSACTION command fails with an "infected with signal 11" error followed by a stack trace:
Current process (0x4d0027) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000000966006 (index_compress_page_with_prefix+0x4ef), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x0000000000000570)
- The stack trace includes modules:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- This error is followed by several warnings about a memory buffer found in a predirty state during the termination of process, for example:
WARNING: Pss 0x0x00002aab07260d88 found with open sdes. pspid 27, psuid 4, pcurdb 1, system table entry 3, sdesp 0x0x00002aaaf1b43480, objid 8.
WARNING: Pss 0x0x00002aab07260d88 found with open sdes. pspid 27, psuid 4, pcurdb 1, system table entry 5, sdesp 0x0x00002aaaf1b3fcf0, objid 1.
- And Error 6103:
6103, Severity: 17, State: 1
Unable to do cleanup for the killed process; received Msg 834.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL07 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL07
compressed, CR813852, CR#813852, 813852, REORG, REBUILD, tran, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.