You get the error message 'Calculated tax amount differs from posted tax amount for Journal Entry AAA', while doing a Reconciliation Run.
AAA means the Journal Entry ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks view.
- Go to the Reconciliation subview.
- Select the run and perform the action View.
- On the new screen navigate to the tab Messages.
- You get the error message 'Calculated tax amount differs from posted tax amount for Journal Entry AAA'.
Case 1) Journal Entries exist where the source documents are having 100% discount:
In this case, you can ignore the error message. Since the journal entries have 100% discount, no tax line item will be posted although they are taxed by X%. Tax Calculation looks for the posted tax amounts for each line item that is taxed and compares with expected posted tax amount. Therefore the report shows inconsistencies on account level. The journal entry is consistent from VAT calculation point of view. You can also ignore difference caused by rounding errors.
Case 2) Journal Entries exist where the source documents are not having 100% discount:
In this case, create an incident and send to SAP Product Support for further analysis.
Reconciliation Run; reconciliation report; tax ledger account; discount; journal entry; ignore , KBA , ignore , journal entry , tax ledger account , discount , reconciliation run , reconciliation report , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To