- User processes terminate abruptly.
- The ASE errorlog contains many "infected with signal 11" errors in the module mem_pageallocate() together with stack traces:
Current process (0x4e170715) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000000e29d85 (mem_pageallocate+0xd5)
- The stack trace can vary and may include these, but also other functions:
Note: A sample of a complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- As a result the ASE server may hang and become unusable for client applications.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 15.7 and 16.0
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR804809, CR#804809, 804809, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers, mem__pageallocate_this_engine, pre_aggview, mkrange, CR814198, CR#814198, 814198 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.