You cannot create a new sales order using the organizational unit ABC because of error message: "Organizational unit ID ABC does not exist in master data".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- From the Common Tasks, select New Sales Order.
- Click View all.
- Add Account XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the account).
- You can see error message: Party with role Sales Unit missing.
- In the Sales Unit field, add manually the Sales Unit ABC (ABC represents the ID of the sales unit).
- Hit enter.
- The field shows the error: Organizational unit ID ABC does not exist in master data.
- At the bottom of the screen you see further error messages:
Party with role Employee Responsible missing.
Sales organization for sales unit ABC missing in master data.
Organizational unit ID ABC does not exist in master data.
The currency was not found for account XYZ, sales organization and distribution channel.
The organizational unit ABC cannot be used for sales as the sales functions are not selected or not active anymore on today's date in your organizational structure.
Go to Organizational Management work center.
Select Edit Org Structure.
Click Find and search for the organizational unit ID ABC.
Go to the Functions tab.
You need to tick the box for Sales and Sales Organization to assign these functions to the org unit.
Save the changes.
See Help Center documents: "Sales Function" and "Sales Organization Function".
sales unit ; commande client ; entité de vente ; structure organisationnelle ; fonctions ; ventes ; organisation commerciale , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem