- You can't use measures from a different model even if it's linked correctly
- You can use these linked models in other charts and tables and display measures from either of the models in the same chart
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.5
Reproducing the Issue
- Link two models, one containing the measures (facts) containing an ID that is shared in another model containing Geo Locations
- Create a Geo Map to display the measures from the first model
- You can't select dimensions from the second model and the first model doesn't contain location to select
Currently (march 2018), you can only select locations from the model containing the measures you want to display in the map.
You need to create the location dimensions in the model you want to display in your map.
If you use HANA Live models, you can select the calculation view that contains the Geo Locations. This note 2370226 contains a PDF attachment with instructions on Creating Geo model from Live HANA.
There is an enhancement request to allow linking models to be used in Geo Maps: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/140817 you can vote for it and receive information if it's going to be implemented.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
geo, geomap, spatial, map, location, latitude, longitude, city, country, linked, linking, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , Problem