You create a new Supplier Invoice for a project. You enter all the information in the required fields. In the Item Details area you fill the G/L Account ABC (ABC represenst the G/L Account ID), maintain Project task as Account Assignment Type, and finally, the Project Task ID.
When you press Check, the below error message appears:
'Item X: Mandatory account assignment for account XYZ is missing: Cost Center'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Supplier Invoicing work center go to the Common Tasks and select New Invoice Without Purchase Order.
- Add an Item.
- Under Items Details section, fill Account Assignment Type as PRO - Project Task.
- Then enter the Project Task ID.
- Press Check.
- The Error message appears: 'Item X: Mandatory account assignment for account XYZ is missing: Cost Center'.
For this G/L Account a Mandatory Account Assignment of type CC - Cost Center has been maintained whereas the Account Assignment type maintained in the invoice is Project Task.
In order to assign the invoice expenses to a Project Task, remove the mandatory acocunt assignment for the respective G/L Account:
- In the Business Configuration work center go to your current project and find the Mandatory Account Assigment activity. (Or go to the Overview and open this activity from here).
- Select the relevant Chart of Accounts.
- Delete the setting which makes Cost Center type mandatory for the G/L Account in question.
Mandatory Account Assignments. Cost Center. New Invoice. G/L Account. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To