User completed newer revision of an item (which was not listed in the Curricula) and got completion for older revision as well (which was listed in the Curricula).
User has completed an item with revision date 7/12/17 but revision date for the item in curriculum is 25/7/12.
In other words, the user completed a newer revision and was assigned a curricula which had an older revision of that item.
The user is still marked as complete for the subcurriculum though he has not completed the revision listed in the curriculum but a more recent revision.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Successfactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as an admin in LMS
- Create a new version of an existing item.
- Assign the new item to user and have the user complete it.
- Create a curricula with the old item in it.
- Assign the curricula to the user.
- The curricula will be listed as completed.
This is due to one of the configurations in Global variables called "Completion of later Item revision grants credit for previous revision assignment in Curricula".
- Login as an admin to LMS
- Navigate to System Admin>Configuration>Global Variables
- You will see a setting named 'Completion of later Item revision grants credit for previous revision assignment in Curricula'.
- If the checkbox is checked, the older item existing in the curricula will get the credit after user completes the newer revision.
- If the checkbox is not checked, the older item existing in the curricula will not get the credit after user completes the newer revision.
If you wish to have the curricula to be marked as complete, please ensure that the setting is checked.
If you do not wish to grant credit for a old item in curricula even if the user has completed the newer version, then ensure that the checkbox is not checked.
- Click on Apply changes.
NOTE: The setting explained in Step 3 will be effective from the date the change is being made.
Completion of later Item revision grants credit for previous revision assignment in Curricula, curricula marked complete, newer revision, user did not complete old revision, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CUR , Curricula , Problem