You have maintained that only the product ABC (ABC represents the exact product's ID) is allowed to be stored in logistics area with Id PQR (PQR represents the logistics' area ID). However, when you perform an ad-hoc Goods Movement of product XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of another product) to the logistics area PQR, you see that the system allows to place the product XYZ in the logistics area PQR.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Internal Logistics work center.
- Select the option Goods Movement from Common Task view.
- In the Goods Movement screen enter the site details and choose the button Add Row.
- Enter the product XYZ and the quantity you have to move to the logistics area PQR and then choose the button Next.
- In Enter Confirmation Details screen select Target Logistics Area value as ABC and choose the button Next.
- Review the details entered and choose the Finish button.
You can see that even if we have restricted the storage of product XYZ in logistics area PQR, the system allows you to move the stock.
Goods Movement is not considered in the restriction of a Logistic Area and user is allowed to store a material which does not belong to the restricted storage group. Goods movement represents after fact activities and not planned ones. Hence, Goods Movement is the only available option via which the warehouse rules can be overridden to reflect the actual warehouse situation.
The system is working as designed.
goods modement, ad-hoc goods movement, restricted storage group , KBA , AP-GTP , Goods Tag Processing , Problem