Which page will we be redirected to in case of approval of worklfow from workflow URL in email notification and in Home page?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Employee Central - Workflow
This is expected behavior. Below is how the redirect happens:
- If you are in page A, click a link and go to page B, you will see page B URL has appended parameter like “&prePAge=A” in the URL as shown below for a workflow opened from Home page.
- This parameter tells UI which page it should go back to when an action is done in page B.
- If you access workflow from Home page ToDo tile, you can see the workflow url has “&pre_Page=toDo”. Then after approval, the page will go back to Home page.
- Same in Pending request page, you can see the workflow url has “&pre_Page=pending_request”. Then after approval, the page will go back to Pending request page. Or, Manage workflow request page, post approval it will come back to Manage workflow search page.
- For workflow email notification, workflow link, since there is no previous page, so the URL has no “pre_page” parameter. Hence, the page by default goes back to subject user’s profile page. Same as any other workflow URL when there is no specific previous location in URL. This is behavior by design and expected.
- When workflow is approved via workflow URL received in a workflow notificaion email > The page redirects to employee profile page (v12) / people profile page (PP3) of approver.
- When workflow is approved from homepage > Todo tile > The page redirects to Home page of approver.
workflow redirect post approval page workflow approval workflow URL , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem