- A Raise Message provides the feature for a user to raise a warning message based on a certain rule condition.
- To create a rule that raises an error message, you first have to create a MessageDefinition MDF object.
- A typical use case for creating such rules is to validate the user's entries.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
Reproducing the Issue
You'd like to create a rule that when a user changes a currency when the Base Salary and Bonus have already been specified in a job requisition, a warning message should be shown.
Create a MessageDefinition Object in the Admin Center
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Data
- Click 'Create New' dropdown > select Message Definition
- Provide the following details:
- Text - this will contain the actual text to be displayed in the Raise Message popup window
- externalCode - external code for the message definition object
- externalName - external name for the message definition object
- status - status of the object. Set to "Active" if you want to use immediately after creation.
**The above configuration is based on the Example Scenario.
Create the Rule
- Log in as an admin user with the necessary authorization, and choose Configure BusinessRules.
- If you can’t see the Configure Business Rules link, it probably means you don’t have authorization
- A screen appears on which you’re asked to select a scenario.
- The options available here depend on the settings you’ve made in Provisioning
- Note: Recruiting only supports Basic Rule.
**Above rule is based on the Example Scenario
Note: When the rule is triggered and if the user accepts the message it will still allow the job requisition to be saved. The rule will not stop the user from saving it is to inform them that an issue has been found based on the configuration of the rule.
IMPORTANT: As of b1902, 'Raise Message' is supported only onChange trigger. 'Raise Message' for onSave trigger is not supported. Additionally, Business Rules on the Candidate Profile (introduced in b1902) supports OnSave Rule Triggers which does not support 'Raise Message' functionality.
KB article 2515173 - The Rules Engine in SuccessFactors Recruiting
sf, success factors, RCM, raising, Candidate Profile , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-RUL , Recruiting Rule Issues with MDF Platform , How To