SAP SuccessFactors Security System for Administrators
User Assistance Documentation on the SAP Help Portal
This KBA describes how to access the User Assistance Documentation for Security System for SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administrators topics.
This documentation will assist you in:
- Understanding the overall process for creating a security system for SAP SuccessFactors Learning administrators, the details can be complex
- Understanding the elements of SAP SuccessFactors Learning security
Important: Be sure to logon to https://help.sap.com to access the links provided in this KBA.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Please be sure to logon to the SAP Help Portal in order to access these documentation links.
Use the links below for more information on these important SAP SuccessFactors Learning Security topics:
- Creating Security Domains for SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administrators - Create security domains for administrators so that you have an access control structure for your SAP SuccessFactors Learning learning entities.
- Setting a List of Security Domains that SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administrators can Access - Set domain restrictions to create a list of security domains that an administrator role should be able to access.
- Creating Security Roles and Setting Permissions for SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administrators - Create security roles and define permissions for administrators to define what administrators in those roles are allowed to do.
- Adding or Removing Security Permissions in SAP SuccessFactors Learning Roles - Add or remove security permissions to or from a role in SAP SuccessFactors Learning if you adjust an existing role with new permissions.
- Using Security Domain Restrictions to Limit SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administrator Access to Entity Records - When you want to restrict access by administrators to entity records, but you want the administrator to do all or most of the actions on the entity, create entity domain restrictions.
- Using Security Domain Restriction to Limit SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administrator Access to Entity Functions - When you want to restrict access by administrators to functions (add, delete, edit, and so on) performed on entities, create functional domain restrictions.
- Using Security Domain Restrictions to Limit SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administrator Access to Specific Actions - Use permission restrictions to be more specific about administrator actions than functional restrictions can be.
- Assigning Roles to SAP SuccessFactors Learning Administrators - During implementation, you create security roles for your administrator personas. To maintain your learning administrators as they change personas, you add and remove security roles.
- Creating Holding Domains - Create holding domains in SAP SuccessFactors Learning so that you can hold unknown user domains, organizations, and financial accounts in a temporary domain and then correct them.
- Setting Security Domain Restrictions for Holding Domains - Set domain restrictions for holding domains so that administrators can review users, organizations, and financial accounts that have been held for review.
- Holding Domains - Holding domains are SAP SuccessFactors Learning security domains that contain Learning objects that are on hold from User Connector - SF.
- How SAP SuccessFactors Learning Roles Allow and Block Access to Data and Actions - Application of security in SAP SuccessFactors Learning means that you connect security objects to create a data access and data blocking system.
- Security Implementation of SAP SuccessFactors Learning - Learning does not use Role Based Permissions (RBP) thus a different approach needs to be handled for SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Security Personas in SAP SuccessFactors Learning - Information on SAP SuccessFactors Learning personas
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Security_Permissions - When you apply security permissions to a role, you indicate the actions that the role can take on specific entities or pages.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Behavior when no Domain Restriction is Assigned -SAP SuccessFactors Learning defaults to openness when you do not assign a domain restriction for a role.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Security Domains - A domain tells you the ownership of a record and who can edit it (for example, North American, South American and Asia-Pacific data).
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Security Domains Summary Fields - Security domain summary fields control basic information about the security domain, including its hierarchical relationship to other domains.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Domain Types - Domain types are used in more complex security models to determine which data entities can be added to a security domain.
- The SAP SuccessFactors Learning PUBLIC Security Domain - Every implementation has a PUBLIC security domain, which is available to all administrators.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Security Domain Hierarchy - Security Domain hierarchy allows you to build a security structure that mirrors your organizational or geographic structures of your company.
- Setting Default Security Domain Selections in SAP SuccessFactors Learning - As a learning administrator, you can set the default domain filter for searches in Learning so that you limit searches to the security domains that you are responsible for.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Security Domain Restrictions - A domain restriction is a list of domains that an administrator role should be allowed to access.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Domain Restrictions Summary Fields - Domain restriction summary fields contain basic information about the domain restriction.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Security Roles - A security role is a collection of rules, restrictions, permissions, and domains that you can attach to a user to define the user's privileges in SAP SuccessFactors Learning.
- Role Management Summary Tab - View this section if you want to edit the description and security domain associated with the role.
- Entity Restriction Tab - View this section if you want to use domain restrictions to create entity restrictions.
- Function Restriction Tab - View this section if you want to place restrictions on functional aspects of security roles.
- Viewing Users and Administrators in Roles - View the users and administrators in roles if you are troubleshooting an access issue and you want to see what users or administrators are using the role.
- Permission Restriction Tab - View this section if you want to place restrictions on which users can perform specific permission tasks.
- Entity Domain Restrictions - This is how SAP SuccessFactors Learning behaves when you add an entity domain restrictions for a role.
- Permission Domain Restrictions - This is how SAP SuccessFactors Learning behaves when you add a permission domain restriction for a role.
- Functional Domain Restrictions - This is how SAP SuccessFactors Learning behaves when you add a functional domain restriction for a role.
- Detailed SAP SuccessFactors Learning Security Rules - Use the detailed security rules to help you understand how the elements of security interact, especially in a complex environment.
- Implementation Guide: Implementing Security Domains and Roles
- Note: This is a PDF Guide that is updated with each release. Sometimes the file name changes, breaking the link. If the link does not work:
- Logon to https://help.sap.com
- Search for the phrase: SuccessFactors Implementing Security Domains and Roles
Additional User Assistance Documentation related to SAP SuccessFActors LMS Security:
- Data Access in SAP SuccessFactors Learning - SAP SuccessFactors Learning data access - including actions you can take on types of data - is in addition to the SAP SuccessFactors Role Based Permissions (RBP) model, so you need to implement it separately.
- Access Control for SAP SuccessFactors Learning Learners and Instructors - Understand the overall process for creating access control for SAP SuccessFactors Learning end users (learners and instructors) because end users behave differently than administrators.
SF SuccessFactors LMS Learning User Assistance UA Admin Guide Documentation Document security domain restriction help , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-WOR , Roles & Workflows , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To