- Unable to create a report of S/4 HANA
- Error when attempting to add a table from S/4 HANA
- Unable to refresh a report pointing to ECC on S/4 HANA in Crystal Reports.
- When attempting to create a report based of ECC, ERP or BW on S/4 HANA, Crystal Reports fails with an error like:
"/CRYSTAL/GET_FUNCAREA_CATALOG " not found
"/CRYSTAL/GET_QUERY_CATALOG" not found
"/CRYSTAL/GET_OSQL_OBJECT_LIST" not found
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- S/4 HANA
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the "Database Expert", select "SAP Table, Cluster, or Function"
- Select the ECC system on S/4 HANA
- It then fails with errors like: "/CRYSTAL/GET_FUNCAREA_CATALOG " not found.
- Reporting of ECC, ERP or BW on S/4 HANA is not supported from Crystal Reports. For reference, see the Product Availability Matrix:
1338845 - How to find Product Availability Matrix (PAM) / Supported Platforms Documentation for SAP BusinessObjects products
- Note: The error usually indicates the functions required by Crystal Reports to report of ECC, ERP, or BW have not been loaded on the SAP System. The resolution is usually to load the SAP Integration Kit Transports on the SAP Netweaver system that correspond to the version of Crystal Reports used, but in this case, because the backend is S/4 HANA, it will not change anything since it is not supported to connect to S/4 HANA from Crystal Reports.
CR, S4HANA, S4/HANNA, S4 HANA , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020