You are getting error message - Profit center acctg not active for set of books XXXX and profit center YYYY, while posting Journal Entry Voucher.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Click on New Journal Entry Voucher.
- Enter the relevant details and profit center.
- Click on post.
You will see the error message - Profit center acctg not active for set of books XXXX and profit center YYYY.
For the set of books XXXX, the reporting principle used in the fine tune activity - Set of Books is "Function of Expense".
If you want to use a profit center, then the reporting principle used must be one of the below:
- Profit center and segment
- Profit center and segment, balancing
- Profit center and segment, clearing
- Funct of exp, profit ctr/seg
- Funct of exp, profit ctr/seg, balancing
- Funct of exp, profit ctr/seg, clearing
- Fund, Profit center and segment, clearing
Follow the below steps and maintain one of the above reporting principle:
Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Click on Overview.
- Search for the activity - Set of Books.
- Select the Set of Books and click on Edit.
- Select the reporting principle from the list mentioned under Cause.
After changing above settings you will be able to post Journal Entry Voucher without error.
Error in Journal Entry Voucher; Unable to post JEV because of profit center , KBA , error in jev, pc mapping with sob , AP-ACC-AE , Accounting Entry , Problem