Standard EC Reports 'Compa Ratio and Range Penetration' and/or Pay Range fail to run and customers are unable to validate it when checking via 'Instance Validation' or 'Report-Canvas Validation' tool.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
If using Report Center:
- Admin Center
- Click 'Reporting & Analytics' Icon
- Go to Report-Canvas Validation
- Validate 'Compa Ratio and Range Penetration'
- See Error Message.
- Access the Analytics page
- Access the Analytics tab
- Go to Report Designer
- Find and edit the report 'Compa Ratio and Range Penetration'
- Validate the report
- See one or more of the following error messages.
- Table 'FOUNDATION_OBJECTS_VIEW_FO_OBJECT_RELATIONSHIPS_T_PAY_RANGE_LegalEntity (1)' is not found.
- Table 'FOUNDATION_OBJECTS_VIEW_FO_OBJECT_RELATIONSHIPS_T_LOCATION_GEOZONE (1)' is not found.
- All EC standard reports are built based a configuration considered to be a commonly used one.
- It is quite possible for the configuration of instance you are uploading the report to, does not match with what the report was built on.
- The PayRange related standard reports (payrange and comparatio and range penetration reports) are built for instances with the PayRange defined based on Geozone, Paygrade and Legal entity.
- If your instance does not have the same association, these standard reports will fail to run and the validation errors cannot be fixed.
Below is an example where the Payrange is defined based on geozone and payGrade but has not dependency on Legal Entity
The ideal solution would be for you to rebuild the report manually, based on how payrange us defined in your instance.
The following articles should help you with the same:
However, if you wish to reconfigure the instance, just to make the standard report work in your favour, you would have to add the missing association for PayRange.
- In this scenario, you will need to update your Corporate Data Model with the following association:
- <association id="id" multiplicity="ONE_TO_ONE" destination-entity="LegalEntity" required="false"/>.
- See if View Based Metadata (VBM) is enabled on the instance. In which case, you could perform the reload yourselves. Refer EC Advanced Reporting Metadata Sync (View Based Metadata)
- If you do not see the option of 'Purge Advanced Reporting Metadata Cache', please raise an incident with Support requesting a reload.
FOUNDATION_OBJECTS_VIEW_FO_OBJECT_RELATIONSHIPS_T_PAY_RANGE_LegalEntity, Standard, Report, Reports, Transfer, Validation, validate, instance, Advanced, Reporting, Data, Model, Configuration, Compa, Ratio, Legal, Entity, Table, not, found , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-ROD , Advanced Reporting (Employee Central ODS/ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem