- Is it possible to have automatically populated the approvers in an Offer Approval?
- Is there any specific route map for Offer Approvals?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
It is possible, and that is defined based on template.
There are two ways to configure this:
- Through the XML template itself (it would require engagement of an implementation partner or SAP Professional Services)
- Through Manage Templates
The steps to perform this change through Manage Templates is in this page of SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Implementation Guide.
To create pre-defined Offer Approval workflow, add an <offer-approvers> section to the end of the Offer Detail XML.
- The "editable=true/false" of first row of the configuration determines if users can add or delete steps from the pre-defined workflow
- About step ID:
- "editable=true/false" determines if users can change the default user populated.
- edtInvalidUser=true/false means that if the user selects an invalid Offer Detail template for a given requisition (meaning the user does not exist on the requisition) or the default user is inactive, the field will become editable. This setting is applicable for individual steps, rather than the whole workflow.
Example: Below is the example of how the offer approval template will be automatically populated with "Hiring Manager" and "Department Head". Similarly other roles can also be added, for more details refer the the following link from the implementation guide in the See Also section.
<offer-approvers editable="true" reorder="true">
<offerApprovalStep id="hiringManager" editable="false" editInvalidUser="true">
<field-label lang="en_US"><![CDATA[Hiring Manager]]></field-label>
<offerApprovalStep id="departmentHead" editable="true" editInvalidUser="true">
<field-label lang="en_US"><![CDATA[Department Head]]></field-label>
Enabling this pre-defined offer approval workflow prevents the offer approval from being improperly routed. Users can also re-order approvers by clicking the up and down arrow icons next to the “Add Another” option.
Offer approvers, SF, Success Factors, Offer approval workflow, Pre-Defined Offer Workflow , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , How To