- In the 'Configuration Sync Wizard' screen in our source instance, we are unable to find the target instance in the dropdown for selection;
- I'm unable to find the pairings in the Instance Sync Wizard;
- Not able to select any instance as target in Sync Tool;
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the BizX source instance;
- Go through Synchronize Company Configurations -> Launch Synchronize Company Configuration Tool;
- You will now be taken to the Configuration Sync Wizard page;
- Check the options in the "Select Instance" dropdown;
- It doesn't show the target instance.
- The issue is caused because the target instance isn't yet configured to be connected to the source instance in 'Instance Synchronization Company Permissions' in target instance.
- Instance sync company permissions define which source instance is allowed to push which configurations into which target instance. For each sync relationship, you need to set up these permissions.
There are two ways to do the pairing between the source and target instances in order to perform the instance synchronization.
Users now are able to perform the pairing without accessing provisioning. The pairing is available in the Instance Synchronization Wizard, clicking in the link "Add new pair".
Important: "Admin access to MDF OData API" permission must be enabled in the Source instance.
See how to proceed with pairing in the Instance Synchronization Wizard accessing the Instance Synchronization Guide.
There is a section specifically dedicated to pairing which is named "Pairing the Source and Target Instances" in there.
2088055 - Instance Synchronization Feature Guide & need to know information - Platform
Instance Sync, Synchronization, Tool, Admin Guide, Manual, Configuration Sync Wizard bizx, Launch Synchronize Company Configuration Tool, Configure different Data Center, same, cannot find target instance, Permissions, missing, not bring instance datacenter , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To