You will receive the below errors while trying to activate an ABSL file created for an enhancement implementation within the SAP Cloud Applications Studio:
- Error in activation of runtime object
- Syntax error in generated ABAP method
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Open the solution in the Studio.
- Select and activate the KUT extension field in the .ref file for the respective XBO.
- Navigate to the ABSL file created for the Enhancement Implementation.
- Make use of the KUT field in the coding.
- Save and Activate.
- Error appears.
The activation fails because accessing KUT fields on a script is currently not supported in BAdi (Business Add-in/Enhacement Implementation). When the code in the backend is generated for the corresponding ABSL file, the declaration to handle KUT fields are skipped, leading to errors in the generated ABAP classes.
Usage of KUT extension fields on an ABSL script is currently not supported for a BADI Implementation. As a workaround, you can use the extension fields from the XBO.
CustomerObjectReferences, spot, PDI, SDK , KBA , syntaxt error in generated abap method , public , customerobjectreferences in badi , AP-RC-BDS-SCR , ByDesign Studio Scripting (ABSL) , How To