- When printing a list spool, the spool status shows "Problem". The detailed status text is "Completed (problem)" and "Possibly printed". The spool Log (when the 'All information' button is used) has lines similar to the following:
- Unable to print character 3 (Page 12, line 10)
- Could not print 3 characters (page 12, line 10)
- Print output may not be as intended
- In this example, this warning means that there are 3 characters in line 10 on page 12 of this spool, which are not included in the character set of the device type used.
- In many cases the actual printout is OK. You wish to know where the 'Unable to print character' warning is coming from however.
KBA , BC-CCM-PRN , Print and Output Management , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.