When trying to edit the sales data in an account (to add or edit a new row in the Sales Data table), the system pops up the error:
"Distribution chain not valid: enter distribution channel"
SAP Business ByDesign - all versions.
Reproducing the Issue
Enter Account Management work center;
- Navigate to Accounts view;
- Search for account XYZ; (XYZ represents the account ID)
- Enter the account and click View All;
- Go to the Sales Data tab;
- In the Sales Data table, add a new row and enter Sales Organization and Distribution Channel;
- Once done, the system will raise the error message.
This issue is caused by the configuration of the Sales Organization work distribution, which contains a rule that makes the selected Distribution Channel to be invalid.
To correct the issue changes in the Sales Organization work distribution rules need to be made.
To do so, you can refer to the attached Help Center document "Organizational Work Distribution Quick Guide".
Organizational Work Distribution Quick Guide, found in the system Help Center.
Distribution Channel, Distribution Chain, Sales Data, Work Distribution Rule, Account Sales Data, Account Management , KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To
|Organizational Work Distribution Quick Guide.pdf|