Internal system error message given when trying to import a personal information record.
**All the images from this document are from our internal test instances, any resemblance with real environments are mere coincidence**
Employee Central- Import Employee Data
Reproducing the Issue
1. Navigate to Import Employee Data.
2. Select Import Data
3. Select Personal Information
4. Select validate import file data
5. Internal System error is provided.
This Error is caused by a configuration issue.
The data type of the nationality field is configured as PICKLIST.
1.To correct this navigate to manage business configuration>personalInfo
2. select details on the nationality field and change the data type to string> save.
3. Once this is changed, the Internal system error will not occur when conducting the personal information import.
Please note after you change this to string the system will change the data type to COUNTRY.
The reason for this is that the Nationality field uses the MDF country object and not the ISO picklist.
Once this is changed, the Internal system error will not occur when conducting the personal information import.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , Problem