- Custom MDF data is not showing up when searching in Manage Data or;
- Manage Data search showing "there were no results" even though the record exists.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata Framework
Reproducing the Issue
Pre-requisite: Create your custom object with externalCode set to "User" type and populate it with data.
- Go to Manage Data;
- Search for the custom object;
- Try to search for the user by name (for example)
- It will not populate anything. The error message will show up "there were no results".
Image 1. There are no results when typing her/his name.
Image 2. However the record does exist.
The custom object of "User" type will find only by userID. By default the only searchable fields are externalCode and externalName.
The only way to see the record is by typing her/his userID (if searchable) or clicking on the drop-down icon.
Image 3. Populating information when entering username.
You need to set up the custom fields you want as searchable.
Image 4. Example of searchable fields.
2438887 - MetaData Framework - How to create a custom field for a MDF Object?
MDF, Metadata Framework, Custom Object, searchable field , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , LOD-SF-MDF-MGD , Manage Data - Create, Update & Delete , Problem