In the journal entry resulting from customer invoice, you expect profit center can be automatically retrieved in the tax line items.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries subview.
- Find the journal entry of customer invoice XYZ and open it (XYZ means the customer invoice ID).
- For line items in the taxes subledger, you notice that profit center is not derived from preceding documents where profit center and segment were assigned.
For line items in the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash, and Taxes subledgers, a profit center is only derived if you are using profit center segment accounting with clearing or with balancing.
Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
Search and open the Set of Books activity.
Edit Set of Books for the company.
Under General tab, for Reporting Principle, use profit center segment accounting with clearing or with balancing, for example:
- Profit center & segment, balancing.
- Profit center & segment, clearing.
- Function of exp, profit ctr/seg, balancing.
- Function of exp, profit ctr/seg, clearing.
You can choose to change the reporting principle as per your business requirement.
You may also refer to the following help documents:
profit center derivation, journal entry, reporting principle , KBA , AP-ACC , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting , How To