- Stage versus live site changes.
- Which of the site details in Command Center can be changed?
- Who can make the changes?
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
Note that with b1908, some switches and controls were moved from Command Center to the CSB admin settings area (Settings/Site Configuration/Site Information) so they are now customer self-serve. This includes site settings such as Site name, Company name and URL
Note that the External Name that appears in Cloud Reporting for the RMK instance refers to the Company ID which is referenced under Site Setup/ SSO in Command center, ie the Bixz instance which is connected to the RMK instance for RX integration.
The following points should be considered though.
Scenario 1 : Changes to stage instances for which integration has not been started yet:
Site Name: Site Name is the customer's go-to-market name. It should be the name of the company as the customer wants it to appear. This is also the name that appears in the CSB configuration tool.
> This can be changed though it is good practice to keep this as close to the company name as possible so as to not confuse matters. In the case where a customer has multiple RMK instances, it is advised to use a site name which references the Bizx Company ID the site will be integrated with, again to avoid confusion.
Site URL: This is the URL for the Recruiting Marketing public site. The site URL must be unique.
> This can be changed but must be correct for the appropriate environment and data center. (see KBA in the See also section which outlines the Required URL format) If the integration has been started then of course changing the URL means this has to be reflected in the configuration already done.
Company Name: This is usually the same as the Site Name. It should be filled out before the start of the project. Note this can be populated during provisioning with a CO ID. Note that the details populated at the time of provisioning in this field do not necessarily mean there is an actual CO ID with those details nor do they dictate the integration to be done.
> This can be changed but again should be chosen to match the actual company name.
Folder Name: Can be populated during provisioning with a CO ID. Note that the details populated at the time of provisioning in this field do not necessarily mean there is an actual CO ID with those details nor do they dictate the integration to be done.
> This is never visible to the customer on the Front end so there should not be any need to change it. If the integration has been started then this should not be changed.
Scenario 2 : Changes to live instances: NB : It is never advised to make changes once the site is live.
Site Name: This can be changed but it is always good practice to have the Site name matching the Company name or in the case where customer has multiple RMK instances, it is advised to use a site name which references the Bizx Company ID the site will be integrated with, again to avoid confusion. The integration should not be changed so there should be no need to change the site name.
Site URL: This is not recommended and requires careful planning and coordination with the client, Professional Services and Data Center Operations. We would strongly suggest engaging with PS and managing this as a project to ensure all the potential areas are accounted for. Some considerations include (note this is not an exhaustive list):
- A change in URL would mean a change in the SSL certification that would need to be coordinated with our operations team.
- The client would have to decide what they want to do for redirects with the existing Links that may be on job boards or marketing sites that point to the previous URL.
- The client would need to create a redirect from the old domain to the new domain to prevent any existing link in emails or the internet from failing. If not done this would also affect SPAM compliance as all emails sent to TC Members would have links that no longer work preventing users from unsubscribing.
- Job feeds may need to be reconfigured so the job boards know where to pick up jobs.
- Multiple changes would need to be made to the RCM integration setup.
- There would also need to be a coordination to run all jobs through job maintenance.
- SEO would also be impacted as the existing URL would have history and the site would likely start over with SEO value.
Folder Name: after the site is live, this should not be changed.
Company Name: Can be changed once the site is live but again, there should be a valid reason for it as the company name could appear on the job pages.
Who can make the changes:
With b1908 the changes can be carried out in CSB admin by the customer.
NB : URL changes to live sites should be carried out by Professional Services through a change project. Please reach out to your SSEM for further steps.
2527843 - Cannot access stage RMK URL with error "The service is unavailable"
Company ID change, instance name change, , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-CC , Command Center , How To