- Key figures have format 1,234 but when the data is imported into the model in SAC the thousand separator becomes a decimal point e.g. 1.234.
- Number formatting in of the user profile in is set to "1,234,56".
- Incorrect smart transformation option is being offered by SAP Analytics Cloud when importing data from BW:
- "Convert to number as 1.234.567.89" instead of "Convert to Number as 1,234,567.89", although profile is set as the second formatting.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.1.9
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an SAP Business Warehouse Query.
- Connect to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Create a Model by importing the SAP Business Warehouse Query.
- When you are creating the model check the corresponding data.
- Notice the values are 1000 times too low such as 1.234 instead of 1,234.
During data acquisition, numbers are transferred as strings with group and decimal separators in place.
If the values have numeric digits but no fractions, the group separator is interpreted as decimal separator for this column.
Workaround #1 - Setting number format of the measure
You can set the number format manually in the modeler by selecting the measure column and choosing the format from a drop down in the Modeling section of the panel on the right.
Workaround #2 - Change the data transformation history
- In the Data Integration window highlight the affected measure column.
- Remove the Smart transformation from the "History" tab next to "Details" by clicking on the [X].
- Apply a new Smart transformation on it, converting the dimension as Number with the preferred format option (like 1,234,567.89).
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Business, Warehouse, QUAN, BW, Thousand, separator, scaled, small, wrong , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem