You have complete a GR/IR clearing run however this run has finished with errors.
In the Processed with Errors tab of the Log Result you notice the following error messages:
'An error occurred during depreciation calculation for asset ABC' (ABC represents the ID of the Fixed Asset)
'Asset ABC val.view 1: Transaction contradicts net book value rule'
'Asset ABC val.view 10: Transaction contradicts net book value rule'
SAP Business By Design
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Inventory Valuation workcenter navigate to the Periodic Tasks view and select GR/IR Clearing.
- Press New- GR/IR Clearing run.
- Enter all the respective mandatory data and press Start Now to immediately execute the run.
- After a few moments a message appears notifying that the run finished with errors.
- Press on the Display Log button. In the Log go to the Processed with Errors tab and you will see the following:
'An error occurred during depreciation calculation for asset ABC'
'Asset A val.view 1: Transaction contradicts net book value rule'
'Asset A val.view 10: Transaction contradicts net book value rule'
Please note: the years and months are used as examples only.
Fixed Asset ABC is a Low Value Asset created in 2016 and the depreciation method is 0100 - LVA 100% complete depreciation.
This asset was created using purchase order DEF (DEF represents the ID of the Purchase Order) and Goods- and Service Receipt GHI (GHI represents the ID of the Goods and Service Receipt).
This Purchase Order was invoiced in January 2017, however in December 2016 the Fixed Asset was depreciated to Net book Value = Zero.
In such case, the GR/IR clearing posting leads to the negative value which is not allowed so error messages are triggered.
As, Fiscal year 2016 is already closed therefore to reverse the depreciation posting is not an option.
The following options available to solve the error message:
Open up the previous fiscal years and then post the GR/IR in those respective fiscal years.
Reverse the depreciation values and then post the GR/IR in the currently chosen period.
- Set the Valuation Check Settings:
- Go to the Fixed Asset work center.
- Select Fixed Asset ABC.
- Go to the Master Data tab.
- Then go to Asset Valuation and choose Additional Parameters section to "3 - No Checks" .
Execute the GR/IR clearing run again.
This prevents the system from checking the values being posted and allows the affected fixed assets to accept negative net book value.
Post a write up of values for the fixed asset for the affected valuation views thereby reducing the accumulated depreciation values posted in the previous fiscal years.
After that the GR/IR run gets posted normally.
GR/IR Run, WE/RE Lauf, contradicts net book value, , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To