Subsequent filter selection cancels out previous filter selection when creating a Linked Analysis separately on two charts in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.1.9
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.2.1
Reproducing the Issue
Log on to SAC tenant.
Create a story and add there chart on same model.
- Chart 1: Dimension A + Any measure
- Chart 2: Dimension B + Any measure
- Chart 3: Dimension A + Dimension B + Any measure
Select chart 1, and then select Linked Analysis icon from the story toolbar.
Choose Linked item set with Filter on datapoint selection for Chart interaction option.
Repeat step 3-4 on chart 2 as well.
Select one value of dimension A in chart 1.
=> The same filters will also be applied to chart 2 & chart 3.
Select one value from filtered dimension B in chart 2.
=> The previous filter selection on dimension A in story 1 will be canceled and all values of dimension A will be shown in both chart 1 and chart 3.
This behaviour is intentional.
To work around this behaviour please leverage Chart Filters as described in the help at: https://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/5af47a52777e4f5d97f4a3b4c21921d0.html
- Connect to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Open the Story
- Click "Edit"
- Click "Design"
- Per "Reproducing the Issue" select "Chart 1"
- Click on the bar for the dimension value you want to filter
- Click the filter icon from the pop up tool bar
- Continue this process with "Chart 2" and "Chart 3" to see the desired values
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, linked, link, analysis, story, filter, apply, two, previous, subsequent, second , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem