You find Net Value calculated in Sales Order doesn't match the calculation formula as:
Quantity * Net Price = Net Value.
- List Price= 1.27 JPY
- Quantity = 7 EA
- Discount= 38%
- Net Price= 0.79 JPY
- Net Value= 5.51 JPY.
You expect a Net Value as 5.53 JPY [7 * 0.79 JPY].
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work centre.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Open Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the respective Sales Order ID).
- Click the View All button.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Find the following values: Quantity, Net Price and Net Value.
When calculating the Net Value as follows:
- Quantity * Net Price = Net Value
[7 EA * 0.79 JPY = 5.53 JPY]
- The Net Price for the same item with the same Discount but different quantities is different for 1 item.
The calculation of Net Price and Net Value follows a certain calculation schema using the assigned currency of the number of decimals and Rounding Value.
This can be found by following the steps as below:
Go to the Business Configuration Work Center.
- Choose respective Implementation Project.
- Click Open Activity List and go to the Fine-Tune sub-tab.
- Show All Activities and find Currencies.
Based on the assigned currency rules, the System calculates the values as follows [please follow the Example in brackets too]:
- List Price * Discount in % = Discount Value
[1.27 JPY * 0.38 = 0.4826 JPY]
- Quantity * Discount Value (not rounded) = Discount Quantity Value (this value is rounded to 2 decimals)
[7 EA * 0. 4826 JPY = 3.3782 JPY rounded to 3.38 JPY]
- Quantity * List Price = Total List Price (this value is rounded to 2 decimals)
[7 EA * 1.27 JPY = 8 89 JPY rounded to 8 89 JPY]
- Total List Price – Discount Quantity Value = Net Value
[8.89 JPY - 3.38 JPY = 5.51 JPY]
- Net Value / Quantity = Net Price (this value is rounded to 2 decimals)
[5.51 JPY / 7 = 0.787... JPY rounded to 0.79 JPY]
This is aimed to minimize the difference between the rounded value with the actual value.
If you want to change the Display Decimals or the calculation formula, it is a system change request and has to be submitted in Customer Influence Portal - SAP Business ByDesign.
Rounding, Net Value, Net Price, Preise, Rundungsdifferenz, Stückpreis, Netto, Nettowert, Nettopreis, Kundenauftrag , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To