A user logs into the application and after that logs in a second machine with the same user, then ASE identifies that there is a session that is already open for the same user and obtain the SPID from sysprocesses and closes the first connection using the 'KILL' command.
- When you try to navigate in the application with the first connection that was killed command, it is expected that the user receives an error message, but the ASE client with every new query creates new SPIDs (through the method FILL of the class AseDataAdapter) allowing the users to use the application.
- When the user executes the Fill method this for some reason creates new SPIDs with every requisition.
- An error should be returned every time a spid is closed via kill command when trying to make a new query through fill method.
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; Sybase SDK 15.7
DbDataAdapter, ADO.NET provider, connection is not closed, dataSet, closing connection , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.