- Error 1166 is returned to the console when taking a database backup:
Msg 1166, Level 16, State 4
You cannot execute the command 'DUMP' on database 'saptools' because it was created with asynchronous initialization and it has not been fully initialized.
Retry the command later.
- When checking the ASE errorlog, a message may be seen for a failed database initialization
Asynchronous database initialization terminated prematurely for database 'my_db'.
Use DBCC DBREPAIR(my_db, async_database_init, start) to restart it if required as uninitialized pages will incur a small performance penalty when they are first referenced.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 & 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 & 16.0 for Business Suite
- Configuration parameter "enable async database init" is ON (1).
sysattributes, Msg 1166, Level 16, State 4, DUMP, Asynchronous database initialization, SAP ASE , backup, 1166, "CRDB AUINIT", "async init", "asynchronous initialization" , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.