- How do I assign a Custom Home Page Tile to a specific group of employees?
- Can I create home page tiles and permission them to certain people?
- We want to have tiles that are only visible to certain people;
- Update permission group for a custom tile in V3 homepage;
- How to manage a custom tile's target population?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
In order to assign a new or existent custom tile to a specific group of users, follow the below process:
- Go through Admin Center > Manage Home Page;
- Select the desired tile or create a new one should you prefer;
- Fill out the previous tile's information as you wish and go to the "Assignments" section;
- In there, click in the "Add" button;
- Important: the groups created in the My Groups feature, although spread severally across the system, aren't compatible with the Custom Tile's assignment functionality;
- Therefore, they won't be listed in the Show tile for this group's dropdown list.
- Select the criteria you wish to filter/fetch the users through;
- Tip: this functionality uses the same set of filters as the My Groups feature does (KBA 2088248 - My Groups feature);
- Once you have defined your group, ensure that you select the new group from the dropdown and click Done;
- To edit a existing group, select the group you wish to edit and click on the group name so that the edit option will then become visible.
Note: The available user types vary depending on how your system is configured.
- Employee (default)
- External Learning User - The External Learning User option is only available if you have Learning enabled in your system
Please note: The users need to have permissions for certain features or pages. For example, Manage Workflow Requests: only those with the permission "Manage Workflow Requests" under Manage Workflows will be able to access the feature. If you choose "Everyone" as Assignments, then those without the "Manage Workflow Request" permission can't access the page/tile and will get "Access Denied" error.
Custom Tile, Permissions, Assign, RBP, Group, Home Page, Admin Guide, Edit, Edit group, custom tile edit assignment, assignment, Update permission group for a custom tile in V3 homepage, Update permission group , KBA , csg_q , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-PLT-HOM , Home Page , How To