EmployeeTimeCalendar table is not available in Advanced Reporting
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Analytics ( Reporting )
- Advanced Reporting ( Report Center - Report Canvas )
- Select Time Management
- There is only : EmployeeTime and TimeAccount
- No Employee Time Calendar available
The 'Employee Time-Time Calendar' object is not available in Advanced Reporting as this is regarded as a rule within Employee Central.
This information is not considered reportable as all this information is available in the Employee Time record.
There is a workaround : To have similar content as in Employee Time Calendar:Create a report with TimeAccountDetail as driving table with the setting below.
Create New Query:
- Go to Analytics ( Reporting – Report centre)
- Advanced Reporting ( Report Canvas )
- Time Management
- Select : TimeAccount (Label) >
- Select TimeAccountDetail ( TimeAccount > TimeAccountDetail )
- Add fields: bookingAmount, bookingDate, bookingUnit, lastModifiedDate
- Select EmployeeTime ( TimeAccount > TimeAccountDetail > EmployeeTime)
- Add fields: approvalStatus, endDate, startDate
- Select Employment > Global Job Information
- Add fields: Business Unit (Label), Department (label), First Name and LastName.
Next step: Change all join from left-join to inner join ( this will help to select TimeAccountDetail as Driving Table)
Next step: Set Date Options:
Change Date Options following setting below:
- Driving table: TimeAccountDetail
- Date Type: Date Range ( On Start Date)
- Date Range: Current Month
- Use Custom Columns (check)
- Start Date Column: bookingDate
- Selectable At Runtime: (check)
- Relates Table Options
- Date Type: Driving Table Start Date
Preview the report to see the result. Note that these steps are just an example, it can be adjusted to suit customers desired output
Remark 1: The result list will contain one line per day of absence. If you prefer a more aggregated view you may define a pivot query on top of the list query.
Remark 2: In TimeAccountDetail absences are stored with negative sign. If you prefer displaying the values with positive sign you may define a calculated column in which you multiply the “booking amount” by (-1).
Note: The TimeAccountDetail object pulls data from the Account Posting table in Time Accounts page.
If the Time Type has no Time Account Posting Rule set up in Manage Data, it will not be available in Account Postings table and the TimeAccountDetail will be blank in the report.
Example of Time Type with Account Posting Rule:
Example of Time Type with no Posting rule:
EmployeeTime Calendar, Time Calendar Report, Employee Time Calendar missing in Advanced Reporting , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data (EC core only) , Problem