You are trying to migrate G/L Account Balances, however the import simulation phase end up with a PAF error.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list of the relevant project.
- Open activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Select the migration unit that you are using to migrate the open items or create a new migration unit.
- Click Execute Migration.
- Select the migration object for G/L Account balances and click Process File.
The PAF error within the migration tool usually occurs when there is an error with the data being migrated. One of the causes for this error to be raised is that the migration date set for the company (and hence used as posting date for the migration unit) dates outside the validity range of the company.
For this case, there are two approaches that you can follow.
A) You can extend the validity of the Org. Unit via Organization Management work center:
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Go to Org Structures view
- Find the related company in the structure.
- Edit the Org. Unit and change the validity period in the Timelines tab.
After that, trigger the import simulation again in the Migration Tool.
B) Change the Migration Date.
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Companies view.
- Select the concerned company and click Actions -> Set Posting Date for Migration.
After the date has been changed, a new migration unit has to be created so that the posting date is derived accordingly.
Be aware that both approaches must be carried out with caution. Either the Organizational Management or migration date changes might highly impact in the system and must accord with your business processes.
PAF Inbound Processing. Migration Error. Migration Tool. G/L Account Balances , KBA , paf inbound processing; system failure , paf inbound processing system failure , paf inbound processing , system failure , migration , fiscal year , g/l account balances , set of books , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To